Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2005

poem in your pocket day

Apparently today is 'Poem in Your Pocket Day' (Hat tip: Wittingshire).

Thank you to Jim, who gave me permission to pull this one of his out of my pocket:

************

Pocket Poem

soiled by sweaty fingers
creased and creased again
opened up a thousand times
to view the words I'd penned

it records a life of hiding
with nothing grand to offer
just the words, "I trust you"
on this paper's humble altar

a crumpled composition by a
carefree crowd unseen,
thanksgiving penned in words...
and when you find it in your pocket,
it'll still be warm from me

here it is Lord.

- Jim Cox (Inspirational Poetry © 2004 - used with permission)

*************

Jim writes from his home in California. At the moment he's forsaken poetry and is working on writing stories.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...