Pages

Saturday, April 16, 2005

solo

I tried to heal myself

I tried to keep the pain inside
sewn up tight behind hasty sutures
but it had a will of its own
and wouldn’t be held
oozing out instead
through puckers in the stitching
spilling to the ground around me
until someone dared to stop
dared to question
why closed wounds bleed
and looked a little closer

I tried to heal myself
and found it couldn’t be done

alone

–Barbara Mitchell (from I Know You Lord © 1994 - used with permission)

**************

Paula at Listen In... has joined in the poetry-month celebration by posting a beautiful poem by her mother – "Not Concealed."

Also, drop by Mr. Standfast, the bard of bloggers, to read "Finish Me" - a poem-prayer I can certainly pray with honesty!

If you’d like to join in, post a poem (preferably by little-known poet), and let me know either by comments or email, and I’ll post a link to your blog!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...