Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2006

i'm stoked

because Dan, from Bethany House, is going to send me more books to review!

It all started in mid-December when I got an email from Dan, of Bethany House’s Internet Marketing Department. He said he’d seen some of my reviews of Bethany House-published books online (at my blog and blogcritics.org) and would I consider doing a review of Athol Dickson’s River Rising for him. Of course I accepted, in due time the book arrived and yesterday I put up the review, both here and at blogcritics.

Today he emailed:

Thanks so much for your thoughtful and critical examination of this novel. You do such a nice job of presenting strengths and weaknesses with both clarity and charity.
(Well, Dan, thank-YOU!)

And he has asked, would I be willing to review some of their more unique and literary fiction on an ongoing basis, 4-8 per year.

Would I?! Do babies cry? Next to (dreaming of) writing one of these myself someday, there are few things I like to do more than read and analyze good fiction. (Plus, this means more free books. Woohoo!! Ernie, price the shelving.)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...