Pages

Saturday, April 08, 2006

lost and found

Lyn Breshaw found Jesus a few years ago. Actually that’s wrong. Jesus found her. Her moving story begins:

I started drinking really heavily when I was an exotic dancer. When I became an exotic dancer, the night I went in to apply for the job I was so nervous and scared and I had so much fear in my life that I drank some tequila and I was able to get up on the stage and I was able to become a dancer.

But that became a really bad cycle. I had to drink every single night. I would drink so heavily that I couldn’t walk. So then I would have to do drugs so that I could stay awake so I wouldn’t pass out. My life was messed up. It was just upside down; I had to drink, I had to do drugs. I didn’t know that I was an alcoholic or a drug addict because I only did it for my job. I thought that everything was fine.

[...] Then one night I got to the point where I didn’t want to be on this earth any more. I just wanted to die. I just wanted to go to sleep and never wake up again. And so I had planned on taking 50 Valium pills and just going to sleep and never waking up again.

As I started this process, as I was contemplating it, as I knew that this is what I was going to do – end my life – I heard these really loud thoughts in my head: “Call to me and I will save you.”

I didn’t understand what it was. I thought, oh, now I’m nuts. I’ve got bipolar disorder. I just freaked out. I thought something was wrong with me.

I turned on the TV and Passion of the Christ had just come out and it was like me and the TV became one. I just zoomed in to the TV. And I saw Jesus there...

The link to the video of the rest of her story is here (“Former Exotic Dancer Hears Jesus’ Call”) . Watch -- and worship the living, loving Christ!

Hat tip: Grace

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...