Pages

Sunday, May 07, 2006

bridge accident

My ears always perk up when I hear news stories about places where I grew up. So Saturday morning when we heard there had been a bus crash on the Borden Bridge, about an hour's drive from our farm near Dalmeny, it grabbed my attention.

I heard later the bus was filled with kids from youth groups of the Dalmeny Bible Church and Waldheim, on a day outing to the West Edmonton Mall. This morning I got an email from my sister-in-law (visiting us last weekend). Their daughter, 16-year-old Kerri, was on that bus!
















Borden Bridge. Traffic now uses the two-lanes of bridge on the right; the pretty bridge that I remember is on the left.

My sister-in-law wrote:

...the busdriver passed out going down Borden Bridge hill between the two highways. They nearly flew into the river, but we say an angel made the bus turn and go onto the east bound road, got caught on the guard rail, "careened" the bus around and stopped it. Kerri has a few bruises.

Thank you Lord!

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...