Pages

Saturday, August 12, 2006

kitsch - garden moments, 2nd week of August

My garden is humming along right now, though not doing anything exceptional. So this week instead of plants, I’m going to post a few pictures of garden kitsch - those folksy containers and bits of decoration which show another side of the gardener’s personality, or perhaps better said - in my case at least - the personality of the gardener’s friends and family. I don’t think I’ve ever bought this type of garden jewelry for myself - though I do enjoy it.

This sunflower stake from my sister lives between oregano and thyme, just behind an orange geranium.



The barn planter was a birthday gift from my neighbor. The chicken is actually something I bought, but for Mom. It came back here to roost after one of our several downsizings of her stuff.


I got this little bug-flower bauble last year from a friend (pictured in last year’s garden). Sadly the gold ball shattered when I took it out and now the whole thing has mysteriously disappeared.



My favorite garden ornament seen lately, though, was in my sister-in-law’s garden in Saskatchewan – this fairy engrossed in a book.

(Previous 'garden moments' filed in Gardening)

*************
- Here's the latest from Rebecca's Yukon Garden. (She has links to previous postings - check the noticeable progress.)
- Islandsparrow's garden will make your mouth water.
- And I must show you this gorgeous farmer's garden - posted by Julana

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...