Pages

Friday, November 10, 2006

thoughts on personal ambition


If you seek great things for yourself – God has called me for this and that; you are putting a barrier to God’s use of you. As long as you have a personal interest in your own character, or any set ambition, you cannot get through into identification with God’s interests. You can only get there by losing forever any idea of yourself and by letting God take you right out into His purpose for the world, and because your goings are of the Lord, you can never understand your ways.

I have to learn that the aim in life is God’s not mine. God is using me from His great personal standpoint, and all He asks of me is that I trust Him, and never say – Lord this gives me such a heartache. To talk in that way makes me a clog.

When I stop telling God what I want, He can catch me up for what He wants without let or hindrance. He can crumple me up or exalt me, He can do anything He chooses. He simply asks me to have implicit faith in Himself and in His goodness.

Oswald Chambers - from My Utmost for His Highest.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...