Pages

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

primulas

I love my kitchen window. It’s over the sink and since we got rid of our dishwasher I spend a fair bit of time there.


That window looks out into our small backyard and the garden, which always lifts my spirit at this time of year because of the primulas.





That garden is where most of my primulas end up. After they have finished putting on their show in various other places I have, over the years, dug them into shady spots between perennials where they languish through the summer with not a hint of their previous glamour.



But come spring, my how their nondescript greenery changes.






They’re in their prime now – clumps of yellow, pink, red, royal and orange, brightening my waterlogged plot and giving me a very cheery distraction from the dishes.



0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...