Pages

Sunday, May 13, 2007

where am I?


Yesterday we took the plunge and replaced my old Windows 98 computer with a brand new iMac. Oh my! Now I feel like I’m learning to type all over again. I’ve been on an ergonomic keyboard for years so using a straight one again is beyond frustrating. On top of that. Mac uses a whole new complement of keystrokes. All of a sudden something as simple as moving the cursor to the beginning or end of the line becomes a big production.

Learning to operate in a new computer environment is only a small part of the problem, though. Because now I also need to transfer files. I discovered yesterday that the WordPerfect program I love isn’t available on Mac, in fact Mac doesn’t even read it so I’ll need to be spending many hours converting files on the old computer before moving them over. But, on the plus side – no more virus protect software. And when I get bored, I can turn on the built in camera and take a picture of myself.

Blogging will be light for the next little while. There’s lots to do, not the least of which is, teach myself to type on this dinky little keyboard.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...