Pages

Friday, December 12, 2008

another gift to make - Nuts 'n' Bolts

Maybe that's why I do it, Maxine. But that's not the only reason. Because I think homemade Christmas gifts say to the recipient - you're like a part of my family - the people I think about as I measure the ingredients, cook the coating, fill the house with delicious smells.


In that vein, I have a multitude of gift bags stocked with Poppycock and Nuts 'n' Bolts sitting under the tree, ready for tonight. We're doing our second of six Christmas performances and we've invited our friends to come over for coffee later. I'm planning to send each family home with a bag of these Christmas snacks.

If you've never made Nuts 'n Bolts - you should. It's one of the easiest Christmas snacks to make and a perfect companion to puzzle-making, game-playing, and movie-watching.


Nuts 'n' Bolts

12 cups Cheerios
8 cups Shreddies
4-5 cups salted peanuts
2 packages pretzels (about 500 grams/
1 1/2 cups butter (I don't use quite this much)
2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
*2 teaspoon onion salt
*1 teaspoon garlic salt
(*Substitution - 2 teaspoons salt and add 1 teaspoon garlic powder)

Melt butter.
Add seasonings and toss with other ingredients.
Bake at 300 for a couple of hours or till crisp.

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...