Pages

Friday, June 18, 2010

catching up

It's been pretty quiet here on the blog for the past little while. We were out of town for almost a week (from June 9th to 15th). When we got back I was busy catching up with all stuff that I got behind on while being away.

We were visiting these little gaffers.


And this weekend it's more celebrating. Tomorrow is our 29th! In honour of the occasion hubby brought this gorgeous bouquet home yesterday.


 We're going to splurge and have dinner out at the Salmon House tomorrow night.

On the writing front, on Thursday I got the good news that an article of mine won The Word Guild Award in the Children/Young Adult Article category. (The list of results is here.)



And on this coming Tuesday (June 22nd), I'll be  part of our MSA Poets Potpourri Blue Moon Reading series. (Alvin Ens - the frequent prize-winning Abbotsford poet and I are the featured readers.) There will also an open mic. Anyone interested can come. It's at the:
Clearbrook Library
32320 George Ferguson Way, Abbotsford, BC
6:30-8:30 p.m.,
Admission is free

3 comments:

IJ said...

Dear Violet,

Welcome back, well done on winning the guild award & happy 29th. I do love the photographs - so beautiful.

Well, I've missed your blog for a while and its always refreshing when I get to stop by. Thanks for sharing & for refreshing my spirit this evening. Have a great time on Tuesday.

LJ

DJ said...

Congratulations on 29 years together!

Violet N. said...

Thanks so much, Lily and DJ. We had a lovely dinner out Sat. night.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...