Pages

Monday, December 06, 2010

one week down, three to go (#181-189 of 1000 gifts)

Now that we're into December, Christmas feels very close indeed. Even though I promise myself after every hectic yule season that next year will be different, I never seem to change my drifting along ways, so that the month of December continues to catch me by surprise and feel like a sprint to the 25th. But I'm realizing too, that the busy times bring so much good with them. Many of the items on this week's list of 1000 gifts come out of seasonal busy-ness.

181. Our church's women's ministry put on a beautiful Christmas event on Wednesday night. "Dwell" was all about dwelling in God's presence. Every attendee left with a crystal ring-holder and perfume dispenser, along with the gift-tag reminder: "For we are to God the AROMA of Christ among those who are perishing." What a fabulous way to begin December.


182. I have an article due at the end of the month. I thought of making it an interview, my interview subject answered "yes" and sent back my questionnaire within 24 hours. So my article is already written!

183. On Friday I wrote the last of a whole year's worth of devotions. I didn't miss a day! It feels so good to have completed this challenge to myself. (If you're interested, they're here.)

184. The December 2010 issue of Good Times arrived with a poem of mine in the poetry section. How sweet is that!

185. The banquet and house party season is upon us! I love to get all dressed up in sparklies and go out to sip, munch and eat with friends.

186. The door prizes at the banquet we went to were legion. I didn't win one but hubby's ticket was drawn for a sparkly poinsettia!




187. The house is decorated. (The blog's new banner is the busy little village on my mantlepiece — in candlelight of course.)

188. Curling has begun! We watched the finals of the Canada Cup this weekend. How about that Stephanie Lawton! Those prairie girls sure know how to curl.

189. Water at the twist of a tap or touch of a lever. I'm appreciating that more than ever this morning as ours is off. We had notice, so collected a couple of soup pots of it.

**************
If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here




holy experience



***************


Violet Nesdoly / poems

2 comments:

Waterfall said...

Hi, Violet! I enjoyed reading your gifts for the week! That's great news about your poem being published and about your interview article. And congrats on writing a year's worth of devotions--I've made a note to mosey on over to that page later this week, when I have a bit more time.

Hope you have a good week!

Violet N. said...

Thank you Nina! I checked out your new blog - love it!! So glad you're blogging again. (I didn't think you'd be away from it for long :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...