Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

"...all things have their beginning by the love of God" (#413 - 430 of 1000 gifts)

"And in this he showed me a little thing: the quantity of a hazel-nut, lying in the palm of my hand. And it was as round as any ball. I looked upon it with the eye of my understanding, and thought, What may this be? And it was answered generally thus: 'It is all that is made.' I marvelled how it might last, for I thought it might suddenly have fallen to naught for littleness. And I was answered in my understanding: 'It lasts and ever shall, for God loves it. And so have all things their beginning by the love of God'" - Julian of Norwich, Showing of Love (From the Library of A. W. Tozer, p. 247).

And so I continue my list of the tokens of God's love, these from the past week:

413. The camaraderie of poets — our first Blue Moon Reading of the year.


414. Even green trees are in gorgeous flowering bloom.


415. Cool spring temperatures so the blooms last, and last and last...


416. The gusto of the final (we hope) spring storm.


417. Powerful software that one can adapt to a variety of projects. (I've been using it on trial but finally decided to actually purchase. After watching the video tutorials, I'm getting all kinds of ideas of projects I can put together.)

418. Spring's lavish abundance.



419. Pink.



420. Yellow.



421. And more yellow; sunshine shredded all over the lawn.




422. Son is home from his travels — all in one piece and full of enthusiasm for Spain. I can dig it! (Takes me back to my Europe trip way back, when we used to say such things.)


423. Cream.

424. A stellar Saturday warm as summer. I love how the neighbourhood has that summertime buzz.

425. Rust paint. Hopefully it will add years to our patio table.

426. Abandoned nest...maybe it will have occupants soon?



427. Resurrection Sunday worship. Loud and enthusiastic praise that would like to tear the roof off the top of the church!

428. A Sunday walk along Bedford Channel.

429. A stand of trout lilies. They're shy and keep their heads down.



430. Advance polls. We have already discharged our civic duty and cast our vote in the federal election (main vote May 2nd).

************

If you'd like to join me and many others collecting One Thousand Gifts, please do. Some members of this gratefulness community post their gifts on blogs, while others list them in private journals. Instructions on how to join are here.



**********

Violet Nesdoly / poems
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...