Pages

Sunday, January 01, 2012

promptings' potpourri: 'start the year off right' edition

Happy New Year!

In my blog reading over the last few days I've come across a wealth of interesting articles. Some of them might interest you too.

  • Apparently the puritan minister Jonathan Edwards had 73 resolutions for life which he reviewed once a week. Blogger Matt Perman has not only listed them but put them in categories (such as Overall Life Mission, Good Works, Time Management etc.) in "The Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards in Categories."
  • Literary agent Rachelle Gardner muses on the process of making resolutions. This discovery of hers resonated with me: "Last year ... I identified that for me to be successful with my goals, I needed to first identify the underlying emotional reason for the goal." Read all of "Goals, Resolutions, Words."
  • Ilya Pozin's "7 Things Highly Productive People Do" contains Tony Wong's common sense advice like "Be Militant about eliminating distractions" and "schedule your email" as well as anti-intuitive suggestions like "Stop multi-tasking." Read all of "7 Things Highly Productive People Do
  • Finally, Janet Martin gives her thoughtful and poetic take on the changing of the calendar in "Year."

Enjoy!


Violet Nesdoly / poems
Bookmark and Share

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...