Pages

Thursday, March 15, 2012

food

Cranberries

************

Thursday Challenge

Next week: GREEN (Fruit, Vegetables, Animals, Clothing, Vehicles,...)

***********

Cranberries are not only lovely to look at, but delicious to eat. Here is a super-simple recipe for Cranberry Sauce. (It's a recipe that's been on bags of cranberries since I was a kid and was my contribution to Christmas dinner as far back as I can remember.)


Cranberry Sauce

2 cups cranberries
2 cups sugar
1 cup water

Put all ingredients into a cooking pot.
Place over heat and bring to boil.
Cook till the berries soften and pop.
When cooked to desired mushiness, let the sauce cool, then bottle and store in refrigerator.
Serve with turkey.

Use leftover cranberry sauce for lots of things—like stirring into plain yogurt. Add banana slices for a great dessert.

Submitted to Food On Fridays March 16 edition, hosted by Ann Kroeker.










Violet Nesdoly / poems
Bookmark and Share

2 comments:

Ann Kroeker said...

What astonishing timing! I have a bag of cranberries sitting on the counter, and I was just wondering what I should make. I was thinking about making muffins, maybe cranberry orange muffins. But the sauce, that's an easy idea, too. Thanks for linking this to Food on Fridays!

Violet N. said...

How cool is that -- a bag of cranberries ready to use.

I saw your Food on Friday post on Twitter last night and knew that I had posted a photo of cranberries for the photo Thursday Challenge food prompt, so I decided to join in. Now I must go and check out the other recipes. (Cranberry orange muffins sound yummy. Or have you ever made apple cranberry pie? So good!)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...